Sunday, February 5, 2012

Loyalty

In life there are people, then there are YOUR people. For one reason or another a person that busted down your walls, grabbed your heart and now owns it. People that are a part of your tribe, and they have earned your love, your trust, and most importantly your loyalty.

Once I really grasped the concept of Self Sovereignty, I realized something. My children, my husband and my friends, are part of what makes my World. My Worldview is directly affected by them, they are the ones I am interacting with who shape me in some way.

Thus, I am loyal to them. It's very easy to understand. If I would take a bullet for you, I will probably fight for you. It doesn't matter where I met them or how long I knew them, they have my loyalty.

Now what happens when one of mine, wronged one of mine? Some seem to categorically misunderstand a fundamental. Part of being loyal to someone is to say, "You were wrong. You fucked up."

How is that hard to get? How is it that on the interwebz where people run around praising stratification, someone saying you were wrong is a bad thing? Or something that brings on the usual onslaught of personal attacks?

If I care about you, I will tell you when you are wrong. Simple. If I care about you, I will defend you. Especially if you are not present to do it yourself. Simple.

That is a mark of loyalty, of respect. Which is why I prefer some of the people I do. They tell me I am wrong. Sometimes everyone needs a reality check.

To many people exist that claim to be a friend, who aren't. They diss you behind your back. They tell you how great you are, elevate you, praise you, while steadily and methodically stabbing you in the back.

Then there is the one person who will tell you the truth. No bullshit. Rather its good or bad, they will if necessary set you straight.

I have a friend I met,  when I, the womyn who sounds like a twangy cat being skinned, was auditioning for choir at 13. She said, "You can't sing." We lived right by each other, so she took me to her house and taperecorded me. Ouch, I can't sing.

13 years people, thinking I could. That's a shocking revelation. One that really hurt me emotionally. But who was a real friend? All those people, my parents, my sister,my friends, etc who let me live this delusion? Or the girl that told me the truth?

I am the kind of person who will tell you when you're acting fucked up.

No comments:

Post a Comment