Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Intellectual Suicide

When you have stopped progressing, have reached the point of refusing to listen to other's, have found an absolute truth, you have commited intellectual suicide. You are refusing the most fundamental part of life, change. You have to be willing to change, willing to reassess what you believe.

I wonder what would happen to "true believers" if science proved beyond the shadow of a doubt, God didn't exist. That they're idealogies were false. Would they believe it, or denounce it as "work of the devil"? On the other hand, if God was proven to exist, how would the average atheist fare? The same way?

We have to be willing to look at new things, read new ideas, even if they wind up being total garbage. Everyone approaches evey idea differently. No two people are the same. I adore the differences that are apparent between me and others. I learn that way. When someone asks me a question and I don't have a reasonable answer, I need to reassess why I believe that.

I have learned alot from mythology (I feel it's a good way to assess the subconscious). I have read alot of books on Wicca, Paganism, New Age materials, and while I use almost none of it, it is an essential part of who I am. It lets me see correlations and similarities to RHP and LHP ideas. I can explain the LHP in a way that mirrors the RHP. Sometimes you even find someone who has been searching for what you're referencing.

Which is basically my point. I don't believe in Wonderland. I don't believe that everyone who uses a certain word to describe their faith is right. I don't believe in aliens, ghosts, demons, Gods, elementals, or the like. I don't believe in Good and Evil. I don't believe in faith. I believe in doubt, logic, knowledge, reasoning, and science. I can't go another way. Why push me to suscribe to your interpretation? You may have commited intellectual suicide, but I haven't.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment