Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Elitism

When you start reading Satanic literature, you find this concept pretty quickly. Rather it's LaVey saying Satanists are the highest embodiment of life, Might is Right, or Long and his citing the ONA as an elitist, subversive, occult organization.

But what does Elitism really mean?

The most common misunderstanding I see on the Satanic interwebz goes something like this : Satanists are born not made, thus Satanists were born elite and superior to all others.

No, not really. Born, made, created, whatever. If all you have to do is breathe to be elite, then everyone is equal. This whole line of thinking leads back to everyone being a Special Snowflake. This line of thinking leads back to not having to do anything to advance yourself, after all you were born special.

Now this is how I took the idea of Elitism and apply it. Strive, do, push yourself further than anyone else does. BE-come the highest embodiment of life on Earth.

Not some thing I was handed at birth. Rather a mission, a goal. That if I am doing anything, from cooking to sculpting my body, my aim is to be the best. My aim is to not stumble, fall, give up, or come in second. My goal is always mastery, knowing that I have put forth my maximum effort to gain maximum reward.

Simple right?

No. Unlike most, I never think job well done, you are finally a master of this or that. I can't find a single area of life where I feel my job is complete, where I can sit on my laurels and say, "Yes, I did it. Check this area off the list, I mastered it."

There's always more. Always. New things to attempt to do and fail at, until I succeed. New goals to set. New areas of ME that need work.

And that, to me, is what Elitism is all about. Striving for perfection, a goal that is unattainable. Never being satisfied, no matter how far I have come. Never quitting, even when a "normal" person would. Being the best, the highest embodiment of life on Earth through effort, through accomplishment.

A Satanist should be born with that fire, that tenacity, that stubbornness to not stop until they succeed. That kind of drive will make you obtain self sovereignity, will help you build a Worldview on your own terms.

And that is what makes a Satanist Elite. 

No comments:

Post a Comment