Saturday, March 3, 2012

Looking For Answers

Looking for answers, within the debris that is the external abstractions that surround me. A constant barrage of information, truth, subjective perspectives, distractions, manipulation, lies, hidden agendas, distortion, media coverage trying to force me to conform, to be another’s ideal.
The more inward the compass for validation becomes, the easier it is to fight back against that onslaught of conformity, of stagnation and eventual living death. That’s what I see when I look at “them.” The living dead. People who have become so programmed to seek external validation they have lost their own minds, any original thought replaced by a Consumerist, ostrich in the sand mentality. Lost to any potential, any drive to be more than those that came before them.
I don’t want to be one of the Living Dead, one of the programmed, so I fight. For me, not anyone else. I want my children to be Individuals, outside of any sheepish mindset, but I can’t make that happen. They make their own choices, unless I want to be like the kind I hate and force some weird indoctrination. So it all bleeds back to just me.
That’s the base isn’t it? Just you (or in my case me). Deciding what’s wrong and right, you deciding how to live, who and why to love, coming to an understanding of the human experience based on well, personal experience.
Self Deceit then becomes an enemy of epic proportions. With you being the only true gauge of knowledge, your personal experiences, you and your own subjectivity is also the biggest enemy. Emotional responses, personal attachments, preferences, etc may cloud the answer you seek.
So finding the answers relies on realistic assessment of oneself above ego masturbation. Realizing your innate imperfection being the real key to self sovreignity. That way you can rise above the self deceit, the lies we all tell to ourselves to justify our nature, in favor of a glimpse at the Objective, the hard, the real if only for a moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment