Monday, March 26, 2012

Reinventing (Response to Dimitri)

Dimitri posted a blog about reinventing oneself on the internet and my response got about as long as the blog.

I did this “reinventing” oneself on the internet thing once. For those who don’t know I had an account at SIN, deleted it and came back as FS. Here’s the thing, it was stupid, pretentious, ego filled dumbshit. It didn’t feel that way at the time, but it does now.

While I have had some of my views refined through debate (because they didn’t stand up to hard scrutiny), I don’t really change my opinion to change or adjust how people feel about me. I have made numerous mistakes online and honestly, I want to own them. I want people to see, even via text, the way one can grow and develop if they take this seriously and put the ideas into practice in their life.

When I came back, I made a vow, which was simple, do the shit, and write about the journey. Rather than be someone obsessed with the way they look to others, show the journey. The mistakes, the trials, the getting knocked down and getting back up again. That way others can see an actual example of the way putting ideas to the Fire, looks.

I have been in unnecessary online arguments because someone hurt my pride. I have picked up and dropped different forms publically, I have doubted the label Satanist for myself publically, I have been mocked, threatened, put down, and a host of other things publically.
I don’t leave because I made a mistake of some kind and come back reinvented. I just let people see the missteps. Because everybody will make those and pretending otherwise is the height of Self Deceit, imo. There are people behind those screennames after all.

Too many people want to be viewed as perfect, think of themselves as perfect. Perfection should be the goal. A goal that is unattainable, but worthy of pursuit. If you think you are already perfect, you are liable to not work to perfect yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment