Friday, November 11, 2011

Is There Any Hope?

This question came from my mother in law while seeing my new apartment the first time. This was followed by her magian rant. About my children and how they are suffering for my decision to move and sell my house. She statted to cry and tell me ALL children deserve to be raised according to a certain standard (hers).

Now as she went on her tirade, I starting thinking, Am I crazy? To take them away from the prototypical American dream? To start making a true grab for independance of the system. I felt doubt of my path for the first time.

Than she finally left. I was sitting outside and thinking about it. I feelt like a poser in suburbia. Like I didn't belong. Plastic, false and I hated it. It was my dream, something idealized from a childhood of the opposite. I got what everyone wants and I never fit in, I never felt truly at home. Like at any moment they would realize I was a fraud, a charlatin. I didn't belong.

Here it's different. I grew up on these streets, I know this place. What used to be something different. I went to the same school my kids do. I am home and I am happy. There's hope. A first step to an end goal. To feed my kids the Magian dream is a form of child abuse, from my perspective.

FS3.0

1 comment:

  1. No, you're not crazy at all to do that. What in the world makes a person (your mother-in-law) think that one lifestyle fits all? Whose to say that living the American Dream is good for the kids? The reason I was subjected to my brother's molestation for 2 1/2 years was because of my parents' preoccupation with have a "nice house" "nice car" and were therefore never at home when they should have been.
    If I ever have kids, my own family will always come first before any house or job or whatever. Being happy is the most important thing ;)

    ReplyDelete