Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Shit, Shit, Shit

So I have been on a blogging break for about a month now. Why? Shit. In the literal sense.

See a time comes in a young child's life when they have to give up their diapers and move to kidhood. That kid's Mother or Father has to crack the whip and get that little brat potty trained.

Now there are lots of systems, books, DVDS, Pull ups and the like to assist with this process. I have tried them all and none of them work. Pull ups have gotten the same reception from every child I have ever had "It's a diaper." <<<---- Which translates to fuck you I ain't going in the potty.

This is what does work. Set aside about two weeks. The first week the concept is introduced. Then comes the second week. NO diapers no pull ups, just a potty seat, about 20 pairs of underwear, and YOU taking the kid to the potty about every hour.

See the second week shows a child in a very real way WHY they should go to the potty. Ain't no diaper or pull up wicking the wet away. They get to feel it on them. Nature than takes it's inevitable course.

A long, exhausting week of shit and piss. By the end you should have a potty trained child.

For me it is a walk through Hell. Why? I hate smelling, touching or anything having to do with other people's shit. Makes me gag, makes me barf. And this whole thing is about well ..... me cleaning up someone else's shit.

Now over the years, I have became immune to this with diapers (I did puke on my first kid once though) . But potty training shit is a whole different ball of wax. You have to get the shit outta the underwear. You HAVE to touch it. Most importantly, you cannot puke on your kid during this process. It tends to set potty training back, lolz.

So today while I was cleaning up yet another 'accident' I started thinking about transcending one's own limitations, mental boundaries, blah, blah, blah. The way this is talked about is typically in terms of things like Racism, Egalitarianism, Crime, etc. Things that are just thoughts, Idealogies and the like.

I rarely see someone say, 'I am terrified of heights so I went bungee jumping.' Or, 'I am afraid of dogs so I got one as a pet.'

See THAT I get, that makes sense. That makes me want to go confront my own Personal Devils. Confronting a phobia is a common form of treatment for a phobia. Ever watch a show where they are doing this for people?? It's always funny to see how extreme the reactions can be, especially to things I don't find scary.

However, that extremity of reaction is what makes it evident a real personal boundary has been crossed, a personal Devil has been found and made real, then vanquished. You can't do that in your head, you can't out think a phobia. It's just there and real to you, even if everybody else on Earth thinks it's retarded.

I have had people ask me why the extreme reaction to shit?? This is always followed by,'Why don't you have someone else potty train your kid.

The answer is simple. I get a subtle thrill in doing things that I wouldn't normally do. I derive a strange sense of enjoyment out of doing something I would normally avoid. I like knowing that I can move past these preset boundaries I have in my mind.

Shit today, tomorrow The WORLD!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment