Saturday, September 24, 2011

Does Satan as a Symbolic Construct Matter?

There was a thread at SIN that brought this up. Basically somebody said that if you don't use Satan you are a "mean atheist." Now I do disagree with this statement. Be

I feel Satanism is a verb, an action. That rather than serving an archetype a Satanist should embody that archetyoe. Rather than a religion, with all those constructs attached that Satanism is the at of BE~coming Satan. To guestion society and it's constructs, to live in dire,t opposition to those ideals that all of us were force fed from birth.

I have never had much use for the classic Devil beyond what I have stated. Nor have I ever questioned my Satanity.. I use Dark Goddesses mostly. The ones who sit in direct opposition to a male high God typically. All of my ritual work is based upon tricking my brain into deciding I am that Goddess incarnated in a human body and it works for me.

So the question is does Satan ad a symbolic construct matter beyond,embodying that ideal?

No comments:

Post a Comment