Thursday, September 1, 2011

A Few Random Thoughts....

What absolutely kills me, is when someone has done something stupid and then does it OVER and OVER and OVER again. Then when that wrong is pointed out, they take the infallible position. That it was either something or someone else who wronged them. The universe is out to get them, etc. Really amuses me.

Do I have failures and shortcomings in my life? Do I sometimes fail and fail badly. Oh yeah!! I just recently was attempting to complete a physical fitness challenge and broke my foot. That makes me a failure actually. The universe wasn't out to get me, I didn't whine and moan about my failure (which I am pissed about to be honest). See, in my head I am a SuperWarrior. Think Buffy, Salt, Xena Warrior Princess, etc. Now, I know it's not true, it's my motivator. It's my aspiration. To discover I am just a 32 year old mortal woman that can break a bone was humbling. I had to learn to FAIL and FAIL big.

I view the previous example as a good example of what a real failure is, not that you quit (that's quitting difference). You can't, no matter the circumstances, complete the act. It is a humbling experience to realize you can fail, you will fail. I think the most important thing is to not whine, piss and moan, but move on to something else. Be  HONEST with yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment