Monday, September 12, 2011

Respect....

Respect. One word with so many ramifications, implications, definitions and on occasion speculation attached to it. I was reading threads on here and saw how often this word comes up. Just how heated a conflict can become when someone voices disrespect of another. Most of the time, the word respect is used as a Satanic version of I like you. I am guilty of this myself.

As I was reading these threads I came across a glaring personal flaw. I have, in the past used the word respect in ways that make it trite, meaningless, and as a platitude to appease someone else's ego. See, my personal biggest societal meme is egalitarianism. I have been and continue to work on this weird PC egalitarian meme I carry around. My last couple of blogs have been that particular mouse roaring as it were. I hate hurting someone's feelings, I hate watching other people hurt and so many people are emotionally connected to their ideas. So, I have used this word, respect according to a weird, everyone's opinion is right manner. Honestly after reading these threads and due to some IRL "doing" of Satanism I am disgusted with myself and my former use of this word.

Why does it disgust me? It's an intellectuall dishonest statement borne out of a weird pity I feel for people that are weak (I know, I know). It makes my use of the term respect meaningloess. It is disrespectful to the few people that have earned and deserve my "true" respect. The people I personally feel are front runners progressing the Satanic current forward. I have effectively slapped all of them in the face with my white washing of the term respect. It is dishonrable to those individuals and makes me look weak and bleh, New Agey. When I say, "I respect you" it should have a real meaning attached to it.

Due to my own meaningless interpretation of the word respect (which is a manifestation of my former Egalitarian infection), I have made another critical error. I have assumed others use the term as I do. So when someone has told me they respect me, I have viewed it as a Satanic version of I like you. Personal projection is a bitch on occasion.

The truth is if you respect everyone and everything, you respect nobody and nothing. Not even yourself. As I have examined this, I've realized my former PC, societal version of respect has been a form of self deceit. A way to appease others or make them feel better. It's never been true, it's waht I've said (or written) but not how I felt.

To the few people that I genuinely respect (and I think they know who they are), I am truly sorry. To the people that have paid me this high compliment I am truly sorry. I didn't get it before, but I do now. I will now use this term appropriately. I am past the whole egalitarian, PC thing at this point (finally), it has been washed away through "doing" Satanism (and it sucks to be honest, my whole worldview just got A LOT darker).

No comments:

Post a Comment